Men in print : essays in literary criticism / by T.E. Lawrence ; introduction by A.W. Lawrence.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1940.
- Physical Description:
- , 9-58,  pages,  leaf,  leaves of plates ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR474 .L38 1940Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Printed in the midst of war by Christopher Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, in Perpetua type on Arnold's mould-made paper, and finished on the 16th day of July, 1940. The edition is limited to 500 numbered copies, of which numbers 1-30 are found in full Niger and accompanied by a facsimile reproduction of T.E. Lawrence's manuscript of one of the essays. Numbers 31-500 are bound in 1/4 Niger."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 148
BEIN Iq L438 940: "Number: 205."
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 5 of 500. Bound in full Niger, by Sangorski & Sutcliffe. Includes the facsimile reproduction at end.
- Subject Terms:
- English literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
- A note on James Elroy Flecker
- A review of novels by D. H. Lawrence
- A review of the short stories of H. G. Wells
- A criticism of Henry Williamson's Tarka the otter, with some remarks on the style of Doughty's Arabia deserta
- A review of the works of Walter Savage Landor.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.