Lawrence, T. E. (Thomas Edward), 1888-1935, Shaw-Ede , 1942
- Shaw-Ede : T. E. Lawrence's letters to H.S. Ede, 1927-1935 / foreword and running commentary by H.S. Ede.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1942.
- Physical Description:
- , 5-62,  pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS568.4.L45 A435 1942Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "A facsimile reproduction of T.E. Shaw's handwriting: the manuscript of five of his letters to H.S. Ede."-- pages at end.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 151
"Printed by Christopher Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, Rolls Passage, London, E.C. 4, in 14 pt. Perpetua type on Arnold's mould-made paper, and finished on the 4th day of September, 1942. The edition is limited to 500 numbered copies, of which numbers 1-30 are bound in full morocco and accompanied by facsimile reproductions of five of the letters. Numbers 31-500 are bound in 1/4 morocco."--Colophon.
BEIN Iq L438 942S: Uncut.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 18 of 500, bound in blue morocco (by Sangorski & Sutcliffe), with the facsimile reproductions of the letters.
- Subject Terms:
- Ede, H. S. (Harold Stanley), 1895-1990.Lawrence, T. E. (Thomas Edward), 1888-1935.Letters -- Facsimiles.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.