In sacred memory of the victims of the great explosion in the East End of London on Friday evening, January, 19th, 1917, 1917
In sacred memory of the victims of the great explosion in the East End of London on Friday evening, January, 19th, 1917.
- London : East London Printing Co., 1917.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded card : illustrations ; 80 x 110 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3390 .I57 1917 BoxYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Folded memorial card for the victims of the Silvertown explosion on January 19th, 1917.
The Silvertown explosion occurred in Silvertown in West Ham, Essex on Friday, 19 January 1917. The blast occurred at a munitions factory that was manufacturing explosives for Britain's World War I military effort. Approximately 50 long tons of explosives killed 73 people and injured 400 more.
- Subject Terms:
- Death.Explosions -- England -- London -- 20th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Grief.Industrial accidents -- England -- London -- 20th century.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.Weapons industry -- England -- London -- 20th century.World War, 1914-1918 -- Great Britain.
- Memorials (Commemorative)
Photomechanical prints -- 1917.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.