The good genius that turned everything into gold, or, The queen bee and the magic dress : a Christmas fairy tale / by the brothers Mayhew ; with illustrations by George Cruikshank.
- Additional Title(s):
Good genius that turned everything into gold
Queen bee and the magic dress
- London : David Bogue, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- , 194,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4989.M57 G66 1847Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Four etchings and four glyphographs by George Cruikshank.
Printed by T.C. Savill, 4, Chandos-Street, Covent-garden.
Dedication signed: Henry and Augustus Mayhew.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 548
"List of illustrations": p.  before text.
BEIN Ip M4535 847G: Advertising matter: p. .
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind-stamped green cloth, with gilt edges. Bookplate: Edward Ludlow Parker.
- Subject Terms:
- Bees -- Juvenile fiction.Bogue, David -- Publisher.Children's stories, English.Christmas stories, English.Etching -- Specimens -- 1847.Fairy tales.Glypography -- Specimens -- 1847.Parker, Edward Ludlow -- Bookplate.Savill, T.C. -- Printer.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.
- Juvenile literature.
YCBA Collections Search
Mayhew, Henry, 1812-1887, The good genius that turned everything into gold, or, The queen bee and the magic dress , 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.