Martin's vagaries : being a sequel to "A tale of a tub," recently discovered at the University of Oxford ... / edited with notes by Scriblerus Oxoniensis and illustrated by George Cruikshank.
- London : A.H. Baily & Co., 1843.
- Physical Description:
- 48 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3991.A1 M37 1843Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Attributed to R.H.D. Barham in Maggs catalogue: attributed to Richard Harris Barham? by Halkett and Laing.
Printed by J.L. Cox & Sons, 74 & 75 Gt. Queen St. LIncoln's-Inn Fields.
"Sections numbered XII to XIV in continuation of the eleven sections of Swift's Tale of a tub."
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 49
BEIN Ik Sw55 H843m Copy 1: Plate inserted preceding t.p. Manuscript notes in pencil throughout.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled mottled calf, by Riviere & Son. Publisher's original printed wrappers bound in.
- Subject Terms:
- A.H. Baily & Co. -- Publisher.Etching -- Specimens -- 1843.J.L. Cox & Sons -- Printer.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745. Tale of a tub.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.