Martin's vagaries : being a sequel to "A tale of a tub," recently discovered at the University of Oxford ... / edited with notes by Scriblerus Oxoniensis and illustrated by George Cruikshank.
- London : A.H. Baily & Co., 1843
- Physical Description:
- 48 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3991.A1 M37 1843Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN 1978 1343: Original wrappers bound in. Binder's stamp: Bound by Riviere & Son. Bookseller's description of another copy tipped in at front.
BEIN Ik Sw55 H843m Copy 1: Plate inserted preceding t.p. Inscribed: W.H. Ingle, Caius Coll., Cambr. Manuscript notes in pencil throughout. Ink stamp: F. Madan, B.N.C., Oxford. Original wrappers bound in. Accompanied by: Bookseller's description of another copy (1 leaf).
BEIN Ik Sw55 H843m Copy 2: Plate inserted preceding t.p. Original wrappers bound in. Bookplate of W.F. Hopson.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled mottled calf, by Riviere & Son. Publisher's original printed wrappers bound in.
Attributed to R.H.D. Barham in Maggs catalogue: attributed to Richard Harris Barham? by Halkett and Laing.
"Sections numbered XII to XIV in continuation of the eleven sections of Swift's Tale of a tub."
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 49
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1843.Hopson, William Fowler, 1849-1935 -- Bookplate.Ingle, W. H. -- Autograph.Madan, Falconer, 1851-1935 -- Stamp.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745. Tale of a tub.
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 19th century.
Binders’ stamps (Binding)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.