Marvell, Andrew, 1621-1678, Miscellaneous poems , MCMXXIII 
- Miscellaneous poems / by Andrew Marvell.
- London : The Nonesuch Press, MCMXXIII 
- Physical Description:
- , 148,  pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3546 .A1 1923+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Reprinted from the copy of the first (1681) edition ... in the British Museum--a copy unique in that it contains pages 140 to 144 [and pages 116 to 131] which were withdrawn for political reasons from the book as it was published"--Page .
"This edition, printed and made in England on Italian hand-made paper with the Nonesuch Press, is limited to 850 copies, of which 825 are for sale."--Verso of title page.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 4
BEIN Ij M368 681d: No. 665.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 486 of 850. Bound in gilt-stamped cream boards.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 17th century.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.