News from nowhere, or, An epoch of rest : being some chapters from a utopian romance / by William Morris.
- Additional Title(s):
News from nowhere
Epoch of rest
- [Hammersmith, England] : [Kelmscott Press], 
- Physical Description:
- , 305,  p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5079 .N48 1892Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Colophon: This book, News from Nowhere, or an Epoch of Rest, was written by William Morris, and printed by him at the Kelmscott Press, Upper Mall, Hammersmith, in the County of Middlesex, and finished on the 22nd day of November, 1892. Sold by Reeves & Turner, 196, Strand, London. [Printer's device]
The woodcut frontispiece is engraved by W.H. Hooper from a design by C.M. Gere.
Marginal notes in red.
Frontispiece depicts Morris's home, Kelmscott Manor, in Oxfordshire.
300 paper copies. 10 vellum copies.
Peterson, W.S. Bibliography of the Kelmscott Press A12
BAC: British Art Center copy is one of 10 on vellum. Bound in vellum with silk ties.
- Subject Terms:
- Kelmscott Manor (Kelmscot, England)Kelmscott Press -- Publisher.Morris, William -- Printer.Utopias.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1892.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Morris, William, 1834-1896, News from nowhere, or, An epoch of rest ,