[Facsimile of the sketch book containing studies and notes made by Inigo Jones during a visit to Italy in 1614].
- Additional Title(s):
Roma : altro diletto che imparar non trouo
- [London] : Lithographed by G.E. Madeley ..., [1831 or 1832]
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1115 .J55 1831Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- First page of original has inscription: Roma: Altro diletto che imparar non trouo, Inigo Jones, 1614.
The studies and notes cover 42 leaves (2-10, 12-19, 21-22, 24-25, 27-34, 41-53); the rest of the book is blank. Subjects are of the human figure and face; included are notes and some blank pages.
Reproduced from the original in the possession of the Duke of Devonshire. Only a hundred copies were made.
Martin, J. Privately printed books (2nd ed.), p. 409-412
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original vellum. Bookplate of Henry Cunliffe Armiger.
- Subject Terms:
- Armiger, Henry Cunliffe -- Bookplate.Jones, Inigo, 1573-1652 -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc.
Lithographs -- 1831.
Figure drawings -- English -- 1614 -- Facsimiles.
Sketchbooks -- Italy -- 1614 -- Facsimiles.
Travel sketches -- English -- Italy -- 1614 -- Facsimiles.
Lithographs -- England -- London -- 1832.
YCBA Collections Search
Jones, Inigo, 1573-1652, [Facsimile of the sketch book containing studies and notes made by Inigo Jones during a visit to Italy in 1614], [1831 or 1832]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.