Cradock-Watson, Jane, Everything in the garden is perfect 2 , 
Everything in the garden is perfect 2 / Jane Cradock-Watson.
- [England] : [Jane Cradock-Watson], 
- Physical Description:
-  pages : color illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.C785 E94 2009Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from back cover.
Limited edition of 10 copies.
Artist's book. Leaves bearing images of plants and parts of plants; some leaves have holes in them.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of 10; numbered in graphite.
"This book was developed as part of an ongoing project exploring the idea of the garden and how we seek to impose order and perfection within its boundaries. This book is a visual imposter. The pages contain a visual narrative, which explores the transience of perfection in nature. The book also questions the idea of perfection within the preserve of gardens that is traditionally presented by established horticulatural standards, gardening literature and the media."--Artist's statement.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Botanical illustration.Gardens in art.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.