- [England] : [Jane Cradock-Watson], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( panels) : color illustrations ; 10 x 56 cm, folded to 10 x 8 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.C785 F58 2010Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FunView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "The Little Garden series of books continues to contextualise the garden as a theme to explore the connections between the physical and narrative properties of the book and the garden. The intentions of this series of 'mini books' were to specifically explore the overlooked and often commonplace details and miniature narratives of nature within the garden through the use of scale and the physical properties of the material of the book reflecting the textural and physical qualities of the subject in order to engage the audience in an intimate, contemplative and sensory reading of the work."--Artist's website.
"Flutter, uses a soft, translucent and gossamer like paper to reflect the delicacy and momentary nature of the flight of a butterfly in the garden."--Artist's website.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Butterflies -- Pictorial works.Gardens -- Pictorial works.Women in natural history.
- Botanical illustrations.
Accordion fold format (Binding).
Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.