Marriage contract of Eleanor Ley and John Bennett.
- Chester, England, 1758 April 27.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : parchment ; 71 x 86 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2015 4Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Andrew F. PetrynAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- With wax seals appended to the four signatures: John Ley, Susanna Ley, Eleanor Ley, John Bennett.
With a blind-embossed 1 shilling stamp on blue paper.
Marriage settlement made between Eleanor Ley (born 1739) and John Bennett (born 1731). Indenture between (1) John Ley, or Leigh, yeoman, of the city of Chester, and Susanna, his wife, (2) Eleanor Ley, daughter of John (3) John Bennett, also of Chester, and (4) Daniel Porter, yeoman, of Dodleston and Thomas Johnson of Thornton, both of the county of Chester.
- Subject Terms:
- Bennett, John, 1731-Chester (England)Great Britain -- History -- George II, 1727-1760 -- Sources.Ley, Eleanor, 1739-Marriage settlements -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.