Cradock-Watson, Jane, Stellata, 2010
- [England] : Jane Cradock-Watson, 2010.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : color illustrations ; 11 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.C785 S74 2010Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Stellata is an artists' book made specifically for a selective exhibition based on the theme 'emotive'. The book expands the theme emotive, as the repetitive visual and structural motif of the star in plants, from seed, to green shoots, bloom, decay and finally seed head. A series of visual images work as a visual narrative of colour and form taking the reader through the life cycle of a plant. The physical structure of the book opens into a star shape, following the cyclical lifecycle of plants. The use of delicate superfine Japanese paper, in combination with the books structural star shaped form enable a haptic reading of the book."--Artist's website.
"Digitally printed using archival inks on Japanese kawanaka and white rag paper from work."--Inside back cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 7 of 10.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Plants -- Pictorial works.Star (Shape) -- Pictorial works.Women in natural history.
- Botanical illustrations.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.