Sorrows : sacred to the memory of Penelope.
- London : Printed by W. Bulmer and Co. and sold by Messrs. Cadell and Davies; Edwards, Pall-Mall; and Johnson, St. Paul's Church-Yard, 1796.
- Physical Description:
- 89 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN4149.B954 S6 1796+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- ESTC and Halkett & Laing attribute authorship to Sir Brooke Boothby.
Engraved head- and tail pieces accompany some poems.
Engravings by Thomas Kirk and William Byrne; after Sir Joshua Reynolds after John Glover.
English short title catalogue, T101562
Halkett, S. Dictionary of anonymous and pseudonymous publications in the English language (3rd ed.), v. 5, p. 332
Followed by other poems (p. -89).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled red morocco. Gilt edges. With armorial bookplate of Rupert Gunnis.
- Subject Terms:
- Boothby, Penelope, 1785-1791 -- Poetry.English poetry -- 18th century.Gunnis, Rupert -- Bookplate.Keeves, A. Bernard C. K. -- Bookplate -- Ownership. (AOB copy)W. Bulmer and Co., printer.
- Engravings -- 1796.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.