Boothby, Brooke, Sir, 1743-1824, Sorrows , 1796
- Sorrows : sacred to the memory of Penelope.
- London : Printed by W. Bulmer and Co. and sold by Messrs. Cadell and Davies; Edwards, Pall-Mall; and Johnson, St. Paul's Church-Yard, 1796.
- Physical Description:
- 89 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN4149.B954 S6 1796+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- ESTC and Halkett & Laing attribute authorship to Sir Brooke Boothby.
Engraved head- and tail pieces accompany some poems.
Engravings by Thomas Kirk and William Byrne; after Sir Joshua Reynolds after John Glover.
ESTC (RLIN), T101562
Halkett & Laing (3rd ed.), v. 5, p. 332
Followed by other poems (p. -89).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled red morocco. Gilt edges. With armorial bookplate of Rupert Gunnis.
- Subject Terms:
- Boothby, Penelope, 1785-1791 -- Poetry.English poetry -- 18th century.Gunnis, Rupert -- Bookplate.Keeves, A. Bernard C. K. -- Bookplate -- Ownership. (AOB copy)W. Bulmer and Co., printer.
- Engravings -- 1796.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.