Burns, Robert, 1759-1796, Songs from Robert Burns , MCMXXV 
Songs from Robert Burns / selected by A.E. Coppard ; with wood engravings by Mabel M. Annesley.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berks : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXV 
- Physical Description:
- , ix-xvi, 112,  pages : illlustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4324 .C66 1925Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printer's device in gold on title page
"This selection from the Songs of Robert Burns compiled by A.E. Coppard, with wood-engravings by Mabel M. Annesley, was printed at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berks, under the direction of Robert Gibbings; & completed on the 16th day of July, 1925. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs & F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper & W.R. Mills. This edition is limited to 450 copies."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 28
BEIN Iq C793 925S: "This is number 236." In manuscript on p. [i]: "This copy is the property of Mr. Earl E. Fisk ... I can take my Bible oath of that! AE Coppard."
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 267 of 450. Bound in white quarter buckram with blue paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Coppard, A. E. (Alfred Edgar), 1878-1957 -- Ms. notes.Fisk, Earl E. -- Ownership.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Scottish poetry.Songs -- Scotland.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Wood engravings -- 1925.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.