Salmacis and Hermaphroditus : a poem attributed to Francis Beaumont / edited by Gwyn Jones ; with ten engravings in colour by John Buckland-Wright.
- London : Printed in Great Britain by the Golden Cockerel Pess, 1951.
- Physical Description:
- 44,  pages : color illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2430 .S27 1951+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Designed, produced and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1-5 Poland Street, London. The edition is limited to 380 copies printed on Arnold's unbleached rag paper in Caslon's Old Face type with Pharos titling. Copies numbered 1-80 are specially bound and contain one extra plate."--Colophon.
The text has been transcribed from a microfilm of the copy in the Bodleian Library, Oxford.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 62 of 380. Signed by editor and engraver. One of 80 copies specially bound in navy quarter morocco and green buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- Buckland Wright, John -- Autograph., illustrator.Hermaphroditus (Greek deity)Hermaphroditus (Greek deity) -- Poetry.Jones, Gwyn -- Autograph.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Salmacis (Greek deity)Salmacis (Greek deity) -- Poetry.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.