Wallis's new railway game, or, Tour through England and Wales, [approximately 1844]
Wallis's new railway game, or, Tour through England and Wales.
- Additional Title(s):
Wallis's new railway game
Tour through England and Wales
- London : Published by E. Wallis, [approximately 1844]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : color map ; 52 x 69 cm folded to 18 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process GV1485 W35 1844Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Consists of an engraved hand-colored map of England and Wales. Directions for playing the game printed on upper left side. Description of the cities from 1. Rochester to 117. London printed on left and right sides of map. Requires the use of a totum, pyramids to represent the travellers, and counters.
Mounted on cloth and attached to illustrated brown cloth covers.
Issued in slip case with engraved illustrated label on front cover.
Wallis was active 1819-1847 in London as a publisher, printer & bookseller.
Whitehouse, F.R.B. Table games, p. 15
- Subject Terms:
- Board games.Board games.Educational games.England -- Description and travel.England.Geographical recreations -- Specimens.Geographical recreations.Travel.Wales -- Description and travel.Wales.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.