Keats, John, 1795-1821, Endymion , 1947
- Endymion : a poetic romance / by John Keats ; with engravings by John Buckland-Wright.
- London : Printed in Great Britain at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1947
- Physical Description:
- 150 pages : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4834 .E53 1947+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Designed and produced by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1-5 Poland Street, London, this edition of John Keats' Endymion was begun in January, 1943, and completed in November, 1947. By kind permission of the Oxford University Press, the text is based on that of H. Buxton Forman. Composition and presswork has been supervised by F.J. Newbery at the Chiswick Press. Compositors: A. Douglas and A.W. Dick. Pressman: J. Bierman. The edition is limited to 500 numbered copies, printed in Caslon type on Arnold's hand-made paper with Golden Cockerel Press watermark. Numbers 1-100 will be specially bound by Sangorski and Sutcliffe under the supervision of Stanley Bray."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 175
BAC: British Art Center copy is no 65 of 500. Signed by the engraver. Bound in gilt-stamped white vellum by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- Buckland Wright, John -- Autograph.England -- London.English poetry.Fine books.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1947.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.