Bligh's voyage in the Resource : from Coupang to Batavia : together with the log of his subsequent passage to England in the Dutch packet Vlydt and his remarks on Morrison's journal : all printed for the first time from the manuscripts in the Mitchell Library of New South Wales / with an introduction and notes by Owen Rutter, & engravings on wood by Peter Barker-Mill.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1937.
- Physical Description:
- 159,  pages : illustrations, map, facsimiles ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU21 .B555 1937+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Imprint from colophon.
"Bligh's Voyage in the Resource, the sequel to The Log of the Bounty, has been printed from the manuscripts in the possession of the Mitchell Library of New South Wales, by Christopher and Anthony Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, 10 Staple Inn, London, & completed on the 20th day of May, 1937. The edition is limited to 350 copies printed in Caslon Old Face type on Van Gelder paper."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 120
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 260 of 350. Bound in blue and gold cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Morrison, James, 1761-1807. Journal of James Morrison.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Resource (Schooner)Vlydt (Ship)Voyages and travels.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1937
Limitation statements (Publishing)
Typefaces (Type evidence) -- Caslon Old Face.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.