Meacock, Joanna, 1975-, Fred A. Farrell , 2014
Fred A. Farrell : Glasgow's war artist / Joanna Meacock [and 3 others].
- [Glasgow] : Glasgow Museums in association with Philip Wilson Publishers, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 79 pages : color illustrations, color map ; 22 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.F2165452 M43 2014 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "This catalogue is published to accompany the Exhibition Fred A. Farrell - Glasgow's War Artist: from Home Front to Front Line in WWI, at the Popele's Palace, Glasgow, 30 may - 23 November 2014"--Page 4.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Farrell, Fred A., 1882-1935 -- Exhibitions.World War, 1914-1918 -- Art and the war -- Exhibitions.
- Preface / Duncan Dornan
- Introduction : collecting World War I / Joanna Meacock
- Map of the Western Front
- Fred A. Farrell : "a fitting official and pictorial history of the war" / Joanna Meacock
- The Home Front : "while it was not ours to fight
- we worked" / Fiona Hayes
- Fred A. Farrell : "truthful representations of the character and aspect of modern war" / Alan Greenlees
- Catalogue of Fred A. Farrell's works / Joanna Meacock and Mark Roberts
- Appendix : archival sources related to Fred A. Farrell