Beirne, Piers, Hogarth's art of animal cruelty , 2015
Hogarth's art of animal cruelty : satire, suffering and pictorial propaganda / Piers Beirne.
- Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 128 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.H67 B45 2015 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals in art.Hogarth, William, 1697-1764 -- Criticism and interpretation.Hogarth, William, 1697-1764.Satire in art.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Seeing Hogarth's animal images
- 3. Hogarth's Four Stages of Cruelty: '[T]o reform some reigning vices peculiar to the lower class of people'
- 4. After Hogarth.