Convoluted beauty : in the company of Emily Carr / curated by Lisa Baldissera ; with essays by Lisa Baldissera, Vinciane Despret and Erika Dyck.
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan : Mendel Art Gallery, 
- Physical Description:
- 112 pages : illustrations (some colour), portraits ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.C246 C65 2014 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Catalogue of an exhibition held at the Mendel Art Gallery from June 27 to September 14, 2014 which includes seven paintings and one original sketchbook of drawings and writing by Emily Carr and works by international artists.
Includes bibliographical references.
"Convoluted Beauty examines Carr's legacy through work by major international artists, including: Thomas Zipp (Germany), Louise Lawler (USA), Mark Wallinger (UK), and commissioned projects by Canadian artists Nathan and Cedric Bomford, Karen Tam, Marianne Nicolson and Joanne Bristol. The exhibition also includes work from across Carr's career, generously loaned from the collections of the McMichael Canadian Art Collection and the Vancouver Art Gallery."--Publisher's website.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Modern -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.Carr, Emily, 1871-1945 -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Wildly rebellious at heart : reconsidering Emily Carr's aura / Lisa Baldissera
- They who hold the world together : Emily Carr's ecological poetics : a photo essay
- Emily Carr : often the other... / Vinciane Despret
- Psychedelics, architecture, and a history of exile / Erika Dyck
- Sketchbook for "pause" : selected images
- Works in the exhibition
- Exhibition list