To His most excellent Majesty the King, these select views of Windsor Castle and the adjacent scenery are with gracious permission dedicated / by his Majesty's faithful subject & servant, William Daniell, R.A.
- Additional Title(s):
Select views of Windsor Castle
- London : Published by Mr. W. Daniell, 14 Russell Place, Fitzroy Square, and Moon, Boys, & Graves, 6 Pall Mall, [1827?]
- Physical Description:
- 12 prints : aquatint ; images 30 x 51 cm, mounted on sheets 50 x 71 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2015 5Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title and imprint from lithographed dedication sheet.
Description based on the Yale Center for British Art copy, in which the caption and imprint for each print is written in graphite.
The eleventh print has a visible watermark dated 1827. See Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 355
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- Great Britain.Eton College.Windsor Castle.
- Windsor Castle from the North West
- The Quadrangle, Windsor Castle
- Windsor Castle from Eton
- South East View of Windsor Castle
- Windsor Castle from near the Brocas Meadow
- Windsor Castle from the Brocas Meadow
- View from the Round Tower, Windsor Castle
- The Royal Lodge, Windsor Park
- The Long Walk, Windsor Park
- Glen in Windsor Park, near Bishopsgate
- Eton College
- Scene on the Virginia Water.