De Chair, Somerset Struben, 1911-, The story of a lifetime , 1954
- The story of a lifetime / by Somerset De Chair ; engravings by Clifford Webb.
- [London] : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1954.
- Physical Description:
- 93,  pages : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6007.E34 S76 1954+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This first edition of The story of a lifetime is limited to 100 copies, numbered 1-100, printed for subscribers, and 10 copies, numbered I-X, for private issue. The Baskerville type has been set and machined on mould-made paper by R. &. R. Clark Ltd of Edinburgh. The white sheepskin bindings are by Sangorski & Sutcliffe."--Verso of title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 28 of 100, signed by the author. Bound in white sheepskin.
- Subject Terms:
- De Chair, Somerset -- Autograph.Jesus Christ -- Fiction.Jesus Christ.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1954.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.