Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616, The poems & sonnets of William Shakespeare , 1960
The poems & sonnets of William Shakespeare / edited by Gwyn Jones.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1960.
- Physical Description:
- 245,  pages ; 33 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2841.A2 J66 1960+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Wood-engraved cockerel vignette on title page.
"Designed by Christopher Sandford for the Golden Cockerel Press, London, in Caslon's Old Face type on Golden Cockerel water-marked paper hand-made by Barcham Green. Composition and presswork at The Chiswick Press. The edition is limited to 470 numbered copies, of which nos.: 1-100 are specially bound."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 385 of 470. Bound in gilt-stamped red buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry.Poetry.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Sonnets.Sonnets.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.