IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Ovid, 43 B.C.-17 A.D. or 18 A.D., Metamorphoses of Publius Ovidius Naso , 1958
Metamorphoses of Publius Ovidius Naso / translated by the most eminent hands ; a selection from the 1717 edition ; with drawings by J. Yunge Bateman.
- Additional Title(s):
Metamorphoses. English. Selections
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1958.
- Physical Description:
- 248 pages : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA6519.M4 Y86 1958+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "The Golden Cockerel edition of The Metamorphoses has been designed, produced and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, and printed at The Chiswick Press in Caslon's Old Face type on Millbourn mould-made paper. The bindings are by Mansell. The edition is limited to 200 numbered copies, of which nos. 1-75 are specially bound and accompanied by an extra set of the 11 drawings, together with 3 additional pictures not printed in the book."--Title page verso.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 21 of 200; one of 75 specially bound and accompanied by 14 additional prints.
- Subject Terms:
- Fables, Latin.Metamorphoses -- Mythology -- Poetry.Mythology, Classical -- Poetry.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.