Ovid, 43 B.C.-17 A.D. or 18 A.D., Metamorphoses of Publius Ovidius Naso , 1958
- Metamorphoses of Publius Ovidius Naso / translated by the most eminent hands ; a selection from the 1717 edition ; with drawings by J. Yunge Bateman.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Metamorphoses. English. Selections
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1958.
- Physical Description:
- 248 pages : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA6519.M4 Y86 1958+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The Golden Cockerel edition of The Metamorphoses has been designed, produced and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, and printed at The Chiswick Press in Caslon's Old Face type on Millbourn mould-made paper. The bindings are by Mansell. The edition is limited to 200 numbered copies, of which nos. 1-75 are specially bound and accompanied by an extra set of the 11 drawings, together with 3 additional pictures not printed in the book."--Title page verso.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 21 of 200; one of 75 specially bound and accompanied by 14 additional prints.
- Subject Terms:
- Fables, Latin.Metamorphoses -- Mythology -- Poetry.Mythology, Classical -- Poetry.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.