Making it , 2015
Making it : sculpture in Britain 1977-1986.
- London : Southbank Centre, Hayward Publishing, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 144 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryNB468 .M35 2015 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition Making it: Sculpture in Britain 1977-1986. Exhibition curated by Natalie Rudd and Jon Wood.
Venues: Longside Gallery, Yorkshire Sculpture Park: 1 April - 21 June 2015, Mead Gallery, Universiy of Warwick, 8 October - 29 November, 2015 [and] Edinburgh Art Centre, 7 May - 3 July, 2016.
Drawn primarily from the holdings of the Arts Council Collection and augmented with major loans from important UK public and private collections, Making It represents the work of over 40 artists including Tony Cragg, Richard Deacon, Antony Gormley, Anish Kapoor, Cornelia Parker and Alison Wilding among many others. This substantial exhibition embraces a wide range of sculptural practices, highlighting shared concerns, as well as important differences, between and within established groups.
- Subject Terms:
- Sculpture, British -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.