Atlas novus, sive, descriptio geographica totius orbis terrarum : tabulis aeneis luculentissimis & accuratissimis exornata / Gerardi Mercaoris et I. Hondii.
- Additional Title(s):
Descriptio geographica totius orbis terrarum
- Amstelodami : Apud Henricum Hondium & Joannem Jansonium, 1638.
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes : illustrations, color maps ; 52 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAtlas 60 (Folio A)Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Text enlarged by Petrus Montanus.
Volume 1 has engraved t.p. of v. 1 of the French ed. of 1633, on which has been mounted labels bearing title and imprint as above.
Titles within hand-colored illustrated borders; head and tail-pieces, initials.
Maps are hand-colored.
- Subject Terms:
- Atlases -- Early works to 1800.Atlases.Geography -- Early works to 1800.Geography.
- Early works.
YCBA Collections Search
Mercator, Gerhard, 1512-1594, Atlas novus, sive, descriptio geographica totius orbis terrarum , 1638
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.