Atlas or A geographicke description of the regions, countries, and kingdomes of the world : through Europe, Asia, Africa, and America, represented by new & exact maps / translated by Henry Hexham ...
- Amsterdam : H. Hondius, 1633 [i.e. 1636]-1638.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes (462 pages) : maps ; 47 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAtlas 61 (Folio A)Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Volume two: Editio ultima.
At head of title, volume one: Gerardi Mercatoris et I. Hondii.
The imprint date of volume one is 1633, but the preface is dated Jan. 1, 1636.
- Subject Terms:
- Atlases -- Early works to 1800.Atlases.
- Early works.
YCBA Collections Search
Mercator, Gerhard, 1512-1594, Atlas or A geographicke description of the regions, countries, and kingdomes of the world , 1633 [i.e. 1636]-1638
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.