A contemporary Grand Tour : book 11, Santorini.
- [Herefordshire, England] : Mike Clements, 
- Physical Description:
-  cards : color illustrations ; 11 x 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.3.C54 C68 2013Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Eight original, limited edition prints, each postcard was hand-made using a different printmaking technique ... woodcut, screenprint, collagraph, solar plate, drypoint, pochoir, lino, and Japanese woodblock."--Title card.
Place of publication and imprint date taken from address and postage stamp information on verso of postcard.
Limited edition of 25 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 4 of 25, initialed by the artist.
"One of a series of artist's books comprising facsimile copies of 21st century postcards sent from places that 18th-19th century travelers might have visited on their 'Grand Tour.' This edition charts a journey round the Greek Aegean island of Santorini through original, hand-made prints inspired by images on Attic pottery, recovered by archaeologists from ancient Thira, dating from the 7th-5th centuries BC."--Back flap of original envelope.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Clements, Mike -- Autograph.Grand tours (Education)Thera Island (Greece)
- Artists' books -- 2013.
Woodcuts -- 2013.
Etchings -- 2013.
Linocuts -- 2013.
Wood engravings -- 2013.
Pochoir -- 2013.
Collographs (prints) -- 2013.
- Oia central square
- Fira post office
- Manolas, Thirassis Island
- Exo Gonia
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.