Brocklehurst, Hannah, The printmaker's art , 2015
- The printmaker's art : a guide to the processes used by artists from the Renaissance to the present day / Hannah Brocklehurst and Kerry Watson.
- Edinburgh : National Galleries of Scotland, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 96 p. : illustrations ; 22 x 25 cm
- Reference LibraryNE830 .B76 2015 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The print collections of the National Galleries of Scotland reveal a diverse and dazzling variety of different techniques and approaches to printmaking. From exquisite copperplate engravings by the old masters to woodblocks cut on kitchen tables, this book examines key works by artists from Durer to Warhol and beyond, giving readers an introduction to printmaking as an art form and an understanding of the different working methods and materials. Through technical summaries and featured examples, 'The printmaker's art' draws on the print and archive collections to illustrate and explain the mysteries of printmaking.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Aquatint.Ink-jet printing.Lithography.Mezzotint engraving.Prints -- Technique.