Album of the kings & queens of Victoria.
- Additional Title(s):
Album of the kings and queens of Victoria
- [Melbourne, Australia] : [Horace Perkins & Co.?], [approximately 1880?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( pages) : illustrations ; 14 x 109 cm, folded to 14 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGN667.V53 A43 1880Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Cover title.
Concertina-folded series of 12 reproductions of Johann Friedrich Carl Kruger's photographic portraits of surviving leaders of Aboriginal tribes of Victoria, originally taken between 1866 and 1878. The rear paste-down bears a short essay titled "The kings and queens of Victoria : the Australian aboriginal."
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue cloth-backed paper boards. Title stamped in gilt on front cover within decorative border. Signed: Archie L. Gates.
- Subject Terms:
- Aboriginal Australians -- Australia -- Victoria -- History.Aboriginal Australians -- Australia -- Victoria -- Portraits.Aboriginal Australians.Gates, Archie L., -- Provenance.Victoria.
- Accordion fold format (Binding)
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.