Shelley at Oxford : the early correspondence of P.B. Shelley with his friend T.J. Hogg, together with letters of Mary Shelley and T.L. Peacock and a hitherto unpublished prose fragment by Shelley / edited by Walter Sidney Scott.
- [London] : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1944.
- Physical Description:
- 79,  pages : illustrations, portraits ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5431 .A357 1944Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Shelley at Oxford is the third book of a trilogy, edited by Walter Sidney Scott and published by the Golden Cockerel Press, of which the first book was The Athenians and the second Harriet & Mary."--Verso of title page.
"The edition is limited to 500 numbered copies, in Perpetua type, on Arnold's mould-made paper, with four collotype reproductions. The printing has been completed on the 22nd day of November, 1944. Compositors: G.A. Terry, J. Hepburn. Pressman: W.H. Solly. Copies numbered 1-50 contain additional reproductions and will be full-bound in red morocco."--Page 79.
Publisher's note signed by Christopher Sandford (page 78).
The "Supplement of reproductions" consists of  pages inserted after page .
BEIN In Sh44 944s: "The edition is limited to 500 numbered copies ... no. 330."
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 41 of 500 copies. One of 50 copies containing the additional reproductions and bound in red morocco by Leighton-Straker. Signed by the editor.
- Subject Terms:
- Hogg, Thomas Jefferson, 1792-1862 -- Correspondence.Peacock, Thomas Love, 1785-1866 -- Correspondence.Poets, English -- 19th century -- Correspondence.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Scott, Walter Sidney -- Autograph.Shelley, Mary Wollstonecraft, 1797-1851 -- Correspondence.Shelley, Percy Bysshe, 1792-1822 -- Correspondence.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Photomechanical prints -- 1944..
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.