Bakker, Roelof, Strong room , 
- Strong room / Roelof Bakker & Jane Wildgoose.
- London : Negative Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 48 pages : color illustrations ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTR642 .B35 2014Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Photographs by Roelof Bakker.
"In the digital world there is no need for paper, for pens and pencils, for handwritten notes, for printed documents, for files. There are no solid and secure strong rooms. There's nothing to touch, to feel, to smell, to flick through, to organise in piles, to accidentally rip. There's no wear and tear. There is no material, no physical presence, no volumes, no weight."--Back cover.
Limited edtion of 150 copies.
"The photographs in this book show traces of past human activity and were taken inside vacated interior spaces at Hornsey Town Hall, a Grade II listed modernist building in north London not in public use since the late 1980s. Aspects of three rooms were recorded, each relating to a different facet of municipal life. Photographs from the spaces are mixed up, creating a visual rhythm and allowing for unexpected juxtapositions."--Page 7.
BAC: British Art Center copy unnumbered. Accompanied by butterfly clip closure.
- Subject Terms:
- Mortality.Negative Press -- Publisher.Photography of interiors.Photography, Artistic.Space and time.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.