Purcell, Aaron D., 1972-, Donors and archives , 
- Donors and archives : a guidebook for successful programs / Aaron D. Purcell.
- Lanham, Maryland ; Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Physical Description:
- xxxv, 201 pages ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryCD973.A37 P87 2015 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
"Donors and Archives: A Guidebook for Successful Programs highlights the importance of development and fundraising for archives, while focusing on the donor and potential donor. Their interest, their support, their enthusiasm, and their stuff are vital to the success of archival programs. Archivists involved in donor work and fundraising will find the practical advice and best practices in this book applicable, replicable, timely, and valuable"-- Provided by publisher.
- Introduction -- PART I. THE PLANNING -- Donor preparedness and the archival program -- Archival obligations and shared expectations -- Developing donor strategies -- PART II. THE PROCESS -- Negotiating and reviewing a potential donation -- The details of a donation -- The days following a donation -- PART III. THE PARTNERS -- Donor types -- The development office and the archives -- Friends, lovers, and supporters of archives -- PART IV. THEPAYOFF -- The value of donors and a donor program.
- Subject Terms:
- Appraisal of archival materials -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Archival materials -- Collectors and collecting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Archives -- Collection management -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Archives -- Public relations.Benefactors.Fund raising.Gifts.Manuscripts -- Collectors and collecting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.