IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Tennyson, Alfred Tennyson, Baron, 1809-1892, The Holy Grail , 1870
The Holy Grail : and other poems / by Alfred Tennyson., D.C.L., Poet Laureate.
- [London] : Strahan and Co., Publishers, 56 Ludgate Hill, London, 1870.
- Physical Description:
- , 222,  p. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5559 .H65 1870Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Constance ClementView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BEIN Tinker 2088: Original green cloth binding. Bookplate of Chauncey Brewster Tinker.
BEIN Ip T258 869: In original green cloth. Autograph of Horace Cleaburne.
BEIN Purdy 449: Bookplate: Richard Little Purdy. Signed in ms.: F.W.S. Ms. annotations in an unknown hand. Advertising matter:  p. at end not included in pagination. Original green cloth.
Printed by Bradbury, Evans, and Co., Whitefriars.
Signatures: [A]⁴ ([A]¹ blank), B-P⁸ (P8 advertisement).
Tinker Library, 2088
Publisher's advertisements,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind-stamped green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradbury, Evans, and Co. -- Printer. (BACRB)Purdy, Richard Little, 1904- -- Bookplate. (bein)Strahan and co. -- Publisher. (BACRB)Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 -- Bookplate. (bein)
- Publishers' advertisements.
Annotations (Provenance) -- 19th century.
- The coming of Arthur
- The Holy Grail
- Pelleas and Ettarre
- The passing of Arthur
- Northern farmer : new style
- The golden supper
- The victim
- The higher Pantheism
- "Flower in the crannied wall"
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.