Tennyson, Alfred Tennyson, Baron, 1809-1892, The Holy Grail , 1870
- The Holy Grail : and other poems / by Alfred Tennyson., D.C.L., Poet Laureate.
- [London] : Strahan and Co., Publishers, 56 Ludgate Hill, London, 1870.
- Physical Description:
- , 222,  p. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5559 .H65 1870Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Constance ClementAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Tinker 2088: Original green cloth binding. Bookplate of Chauncey Brewster Tinker.
BEIN Ip T258 869: In original green cloth. Autograph of Horace Cleaburne.
BEIN Purdy 449: Bookplate: Richard Little Purdy. Signed in ms.: F.W.S. Ms. annotations in an unknown hand. Advertising matter:  p. at end not included in pagination. Original green cloth.
Printed by Bradbury, Evans, and Co., Whitefriars.
Signatures: [A]⁴ ([A]¹ blank), B-P⁸ (P8 advertisement).
Tinker lib. 2088
Publisher's advertisements,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind-stamped green cloth.
- The coming of Arthur -- The Holy Grail -- Pelleas and Ettarre -- The passing of Arthur -- Northern farmer : new style -- The golden supper -- The victim -- Wages -- The higher Pantheism -- "Flower in the crannied wall" -- Lucretius.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradbury, Evans, and Co. -- Printer. (BACRB)Purdy, Richard Little, 1904- -- Bookplate. (bein)Strahan and co. -- Publisher. (BACRB)Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 -- Bookplate. (bein)
- Publishers' advertisements -- England -- London -- 1870.
Annotations (Provenance) -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.