Strong, L. A. G. (Leonard Alfred George), 1896-1958, The hansom cab and the pigeons , 1935
The hansom cab and the pigeons : being random reflections upon the silver jubilee of King George V / by L.A.G. Strong.
- London : Printed at the Golden Cockerel Press, Ten Staple Inn, 1935.
- Physical Description:
- 42,  pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6037.T76 H36 1935Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Wood engravings by Eric Ravilious.
"This book has been printed at the Golden Cockerel Press, 10 Staple Inn, London, & completed on the last day of March, 1935. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs & E.J. Ward. Pressman: H. Barker. The first edition is limited to 212 numbered copies signed by the author & printed on hand-made paper, and 1,000 unnumbered & unsigned copies on machine-made paper."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 105
BEIN Iq St885 935H: No. 31 on handmade paper. Presentation inscription to Earl E. Fisk from L.A.G. Strong. Bookplate of Earl E. Fisk.
BEIN Iq St885 935Hb: Copy on machine made paper.
BEIN 1975 826: Copy on machine made paper. Dust jacket. Bookplate of Linda Lee Porter.
BAC: British Art Center copy is numbers 138 of a limited edition of 212 copies; signed by author. Bound in blue half morocco with blue and silver marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- English essays -- 20th century.Fisk, Earl E. -- Bookplate.Fisk, Earl E. -- Presentation inscription from L.A.G. strong.George V, King of Great Britain, 1865-1936 -- Jubilee, 1935.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Strong, L. A. G. (Leonard Alfred George), 1896-1958 -- Presentation inscription to E.E. Fisk.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1935.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.