Don Juan / by Alfred Thornton, Esq ; with fifteen coloured engravings.
- Additional Title(s):
Don Juan, volume the second, containing his life in London, or, a true picture of the British metropolis
- London : Printed for Thomas Kelly, 17, Paternoster-Row, MDCCXXI-[MDCCXXII] [1821-1822]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4359 .T46 1821Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The first volume is a parody of Mozart's and Byron's Don Juan, the second, an imitation of Egan's Life in London. Cf. Abbey.
Vol. 2 has title: Don Juan volume the second; containing his life in London, or, a true picture of the British metropolis.
Printed by W. Clowes, Northumberland Court.
With aquatint engravings, unsigned.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 323
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half calf and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Clowes, W. -- Printer.Juan, Don (Legendary character)Kelly, T. -- Publisher.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1821-1822.
YCBA Collections Search
Thornton, Alfred, active 1820, Don Juan , MDCCXXI-[MDCCXXII] [1821-1822]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.