IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Morpeth, Sarah, Butterfly, 
- [Elsdon, Northumberland] : [Sarah Morpeth], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( panels) : color illustrations ; 8 x 56 cm, folded to 8 x 8 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.M675 B88 2010 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Cover title.
Artist's book, on 8 accordion-folded panels bearing a printed arboreal design. To this strip are attached four cut-paper figures of a butterfly taking flight; the butterflies are positioned so that their heads and wings protude from the edges of the book.
The end panels are affixed to boards covered in green cloth. The title is stitched on the top cover, in yellow thread. Issued in a small white box. n white gift box with the artist's printed label affixed to the top.
BAC: British Art Center copy signed "Sarah Morpeth 2010."
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Butterflies -- Pictorial works.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Toy and movable books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.