Seal book / Sarah Morpeth.
- [Elsdon, Northumberland] : [Sarah Morpeth], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( panels) : illustrations ; 9 x 48 cm, folded to 9 x 9 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.M675 S435 2012 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from printed label on bottom of the original box; artist's name from illustrated label on box top.
Produced to accompany a solo exhibition entitled 'I know where I'm going?' at An Tobar, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, in 2012. Works come from a 1945 film by Powell & Pressburgers title 'I know where I'm going."
Issued in a limited edition of 30 copies.
The sheet is attached at both ends to boards covered in blue cloth. Issued in a small white paper board box.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 6 of 30, signed and numbered by the artist.
Accordion-folded sheet, into which are cut the silhouettes of three seals. With text: "That would be the seals singing. Yes, yes, They like the warm foggy weather" from the film "I know where I'm going."
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.I know where I'm going! (Motion picture)Morpeth, Sarah -- Publisher.Seals -- Pictorial works.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.