- [Elsdon, Northumberland] : [Sarah Morpeth], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 cut-paper work ; 17 x 19 x 9 cm (opened)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.M675 B44 2015 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Three dimensional paper sculpture.
Title supplied by artist.
Issued in a limited edition of 100 copies.
Small volume with eight cut-paper panels, depicting plants. The panels integrate words from Andrew Marvell's poem 'The Garden'. Emerging from the panels, on small metal wires, are five cut-paper silhouettes of bees, which bear the Latin names of bumble bees.
Within boards covered in green cloth; the inner panels also bear text from Marvell. Issued in small white box.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 6 of 100; signed, dated, and numbered in graphite, by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Bees -- Pictorial works.Townfoot Studio -- Publisher.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Toy and movable books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.