Laus veneris / by Algernon Charles Swinburne ; engravings by John Buckland-Wright.
- London : Printed in Great Britain by the Golden Cockerel Press, 1948.
- Physical Description:
- , 9-27,  pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5506 .L38 1948Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This edition of Laus Veneris has been designed, produced and published by Chistopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, by kind permission of Messs. William Heinemann. Composition and presswork under the supervision of James Shand at the Shenval Press. Compositors: H.R. Sheldrake and R.J. Cracknell. Pressman: R.F. Parsley. The edition has been limited to 750 numbered copies of which nos. 1-100 contain one extra engraving and are specially bound."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 178
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 7 of 750, one of the first 100 copies containing an extra engraving and specially bound in red morocco with gilt-stamped black inlay.
BEIN Ip Sw63 866Lb: "Copy no. 53."
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 20th century.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1948.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.