Beyond the battlefield : women artists of the two world wars / Catherine Speck.
- Additional Title(s):
Women artists of the two world wars
- London : Reaktion Books, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 279 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryN9145 .S64 2014 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 265-266) and index.
"'Beyond the Battlefield' provides a fascinating account of female creativity in America, Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand during the turbulent era of twentieth-century conflict, looking at women artists' unique portrayal of war on the front line, as well as their documentation of everyday life on the home front." -- front cover dust flap.
- Subject Terms:
- Women artists -- America -- 20th century.Women artists -- Australia -- 20th century.Women artists -- Canada -- 20th century.Women artists -- Great Britain -- 20th century.Women artists -- New Zealand -- 20th century.World War, 1914-1918 -- Art and the war.World War, 1914-1918 -- Women.World War, 1939-1945 -- Art and the war.World War, 1939-1945 -- Women.
- Women on the home front in the First World War
- Behind the front
- War's end and its scarred land
- Responding to yet another war
- Women on the home front in the Second World War
- Close encounters
- Peace at last.