The English rural poor, 1850-1914 , 2005
The English rural poor, 1850-1914 / edited by Mark Freeman.
- London : Pickering & Chatto, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 5 volumes : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryHC255 .E54 2005 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Rural conditions -- 19th century -- Sources.Great Britain -- Rural conditions -- Sources.Rural poor -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- v. 1. The moral and material condition of the mid-Victorian rural poor
- v. 2. The "revolt of the field"
- v. 3. Life on the land : the 1880s
- v. 4. Life on the land : the 1890s
- v. 5. The Edwardian rural poor.