Our mutual friend.
- Bloomsbury : The Nonesuch Press, 1938.
Scotland : R. & R. Clark Ltd., 1937.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, , 927,  pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4568 .A1 1938Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This edition of Our Mutual Friend, part of the Nonesuch Dickens designed by Francis Meynell, is limited to 877 copies. The text has been printed in Great Britain by R. & R. Clark Ltd., in this specially-cut version of Martin's type; the illustrations have been pulled by hand from the original plates by A. Alexander and Sons; the binding is executed by the Leighton-Straker Bookbinding Co., Ltd.; and the paper was made by the Worthy Paper Company Association of West Springfield."--Colophon.
"The text of this volume follows the "Charles Dickens" Edition which Dickens himself revised. The headlines of right-hand pages in that Edition are printed in the margins of this book against the relevant passages. The illustrations and the cover-design of the Monthly Parts are printed from the blocks engraved for the original edition, and the Cheap Edition frontispiece, also printed from the original block, has been added."--Page V.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, p. 241
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in beige buckram.
After John Harmon is murdered on his way to marry Bella Wilfer and receive a large inheritance, his father's assistant, Nicodemus Boffin, becomes the new heir and adopts Bella, who evokes an uncommon interest from Boffin's assistant.
- Subject Terms:
- English fiction -- 19th century.Inheritance and succession -- Fiction.London (England) -- Fiction.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Social classes -- Fiction.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Photomechanical prints -- 1937.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.