The mystery of Edwin Drood : Christmas stories.
- Bloomsbury : Nonesuch Press, 1937.
- Physical Description:
- , vii-xix, , 874,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4564 .A1 1937Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This edition of Edwin Drood and Christmas Stories, part of the Nonesuch Dickens designed by Francis Meynell, is limited to 877 copies. It was printed in Scotland by R. & R. Clark Ltd., in this specially-cut version of Martin's type specially cut for the edition. The binding is by the Leighton-Straker Bookbinding Co., Ltd. The paper was made by the Worthy Paper Company Association of West Springfield."--Colophon.
Three monthly installments of "Edwin Drood" were printed before Charles Dickens died so that, although six monthly parts were issued in all, only three of them were seen through the press by Dickens himself, the rest being issued under the care of his literary executor, John Forster.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, page 240
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original beige buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- Christmas stories.England -- Fiction.Missing persons -- Fiction.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Separation (Psychology) -- Fiction.Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Fiction.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Engravings -- 1937.
Wood engravings -- 1937.
- The mystery of Edwin Drood
- The seven poor travellers
- The holly tree
- The wreck of the Golden Mary
- The perils of certain English prisoners
- Going into Society
- The haunted house
- A message from the sea
- Tom Tiddler's ground
- Somebody's luggage
- Mrs. Lirriper's luggage --Mrs. Lirriper's legacy
- Doctor Marigold
- Two ghost stories
- Mugby junction
- No thoroughfare.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.