Selected poems of Thomas Hardy / with portrait & title page design engraved on the wood by William Nicholson.
- Additional Title(s):
- London ; Philip Lee Warner, publisher to the Medici Society, MDCCCCXXI 
Liverpool ; Philip Lee Warner, publisher to the Medici Society, MDCCCCXXI 
Boston : Philip Lee Warner, publisher to the Medici Society, MDCCCCXXI 
- Physical Description:
- x, 144,  pages,  leaf of plates: illustrations, portrait ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4741 1921Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Alan Richards, Yale BA 1967, JD 1972Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Ip H223 C916sd: Blank filled in with ms.: Paper copy number 302. Bookplates of Augustine Healy and Henry C. Taylor. Natural-grain parchment binding. Dust jacket.
BEIN Purdy 269 Copy 1: Blank filled in with ms.: Paper copy number 818. Paper board binding. Dust jacket.
BEIN Purdy 269 Copy 2: Blank filled in with ms.: Paper copy number 817. Inscribed on half title verso: To Florence Hardy from Thomas Hardy, May:1922. Bookplate: Osma Mary Dorothy Allhusen. Inscribed: Given to me by Florence Hardy between the years 1928-1935. Paper board binding. Dust jacket.
"Of this edition of the Selected poems of Thomas Hardy have been printed in the Riccardi fount on hand-made Riccardi paper 1025 copies, of which 1000 only are for sale, and upon vellum 14 copies, of which 12 are for sale. Paper copy number [blank]"--Half title verso.
"Edition limited to 1000 copies printed on paper boards, £1 11s. 6d., natural-grain parchment, £2 12s. 6d., 14 copies (12 for sale) printed on vellum, bound limp Kelmscott vellum, £21"--Page  of dust jacket.
"First published in the Golden treasury series 1916. Reprinted in the Riccardi Press books 1921."--Title page verso.
Purdy, R.L. Hardy, page 187
Campbell, C. William Nicholson : the graphic work, 165
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 734 of 1025, bound in natural grain parchment.
- Subject Terms:
- Allhusen, Dorothy -- Bookplate.English poetry.Hardy, Florence Emily, 1881-1937 -- Presentation inscription from T. Hardy.Hardy, Thomas, 1840-1928 -- Presentation inscription to F. Hardy.Healy, Augustine -- Bookplate.Taylor, Henry C. (Henry Calhoun), 1894-1971 -- Bookplate.
Vellum bindings (Binding)
Woodcuts -- 1921..
YCBA Collections Search
Hardy, Thomas, 1840-1928, Selected poems of Thomas Hardy , MDCCCCXXI 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.