IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870, Reprinted pieces , 1938
Reprinted pieces : The uncommercial traveller and other stories.
- Bloomsbury : The Nonesuch Press, 1938.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, , 857,  pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4552 .R67 1938Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "This edition of Reprinted Pieces and other later minor works of Dickens, part of the Nonesuch Dickens designed by Francis Meynell, is limited to 877 copies. The text is printed in Scotland by R. & R. Clark Ltd., in this specially-cut version of Martin's type; the binding is executed by the Leighton-Straker Bookbinding Co., Ltd.; and the paper was made by the Worthy Paper Company Association of West Springfield."--Colophon.
"The text of 'Reprinted Pieces' is taken from the 'Charles Dickens' edition which Dickens himself revised for the press. It was in this edition that they were first published in 1868, which also included 'American Notes.' The captions which Dickens wrote for the headlines of right-hand pages in that edition are here reprinted in the margin against the relevant passages.” --Page V.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, page 240
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original dark blue buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- English fiction.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Short stories, English.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Photomechanical prints -- 1938.
- The long voyage
- The begging-letter writer
- A child's dream of a star
- Our English watering-place
- Births: Mrs. Meek, of a son
- Lying awake
- The poor relation's story
- The child's story
- The schoolboy's story
- Nobody's story
- The ghost of art
- Out of town
- Out of the season
- A poor man's tale of a patent
- The noble savage
- A flight
- The detective police
- The short-timers
- A small star in the East
- Aboard ship
- A little dinner in an hour
- Mr. Barlow
- On an amateur beat
- A plea for total abstinence
- The ruffian
- Holiday romance
- Hunted down
- George Silverman's explanation
- The lamplighter's story
- The lazy tour of two idle apprentices.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.