Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870, The letters of Charles Dickens , 1938
- The letters of Charles Dickens / edited by Walter Dexter.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Bloomsbury : The Nonesuch Press, 1938.
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4581 .A4 1938Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes index.
"This is the final volume of set of the Nonesuch Dickens, designed by Francis Meynell, limited to 877 sets. It was printed in Scotland by R.&R. Clark Ltd., in a version of Martin's type specially cut for the edition. The binding is by the Leighton-Straker Bookbinding Co., Ltd., and the paper was made by the Worthy Paper Company Association of West Springfield."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 69 of 877; allotted to Paul Mellon. Bound in publisher's original red buckram.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, page 240
- v. 1. 1832-1846 -- v. 2. 1847-1857 -- v. 3. 1858-1870.
- Subject Terms:
- Correspondence (Dickens, Charles)Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870. Correspondence.Novelists, English -- 19th century -- Correspondence.Novelists, English.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Records and correspondence.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.