On the 1st of February, 1814, was published, no. I, price two shillings, of The new monthly magazine, 
On the 1st of February, 1814, was published, no. I, price two shillings, of The new monthly magazine.
- London : James Gillet, printer, Crown-court, Fleet-street, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( pages) ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAP4 .N49 1814a+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title from caption, page .
"This work (of which five numbers have now appeared) is printed in octavo, on good paper, with a clear type. Each number contains at least six sheets, comprehending a quantity of matter exceeding an ordinary octavo volume of three hundred pages, and purchasers not being subject to the unnecessary tax of a half yearly supplement, will thus obtain two complete volumes annually for twenty-four shillings, while the subscribers of other similar periodical publications are obliged to pay twenty-eight."--Page .
Last page blank.
British union-catalogue of periodicals, volume 4, page 359
Prospectus for The new monthly magazine and universal register, published 1814-1820 by H. Colburn.
- Subject Terms:
- Book industries and trade -- Great Britain.English literature -- 19th century.Gillet, James -- Printer.Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1800-1837.New monthly magazine and universal register.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.