Bates, H. E. (Herbert Ernest), 1905-1974, The house with the apricot , 1933
The house with the apricot : and two other tales / by H.E. Bates.
- London : Printed and made by the Golden Cockerel Press, Ten Staple Inn, 1933.
- Physical Description:
- , 59,  pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6003.A965 H68 1933Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This book is the seventh in the Golden Cockerel Series of first editions by famous modern authors. The format is designed by Robert Gibbings and the engravings are by Agnes Miller Parker. Printed and published by Christopher Sandford, Francis J. Newbery and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, London. Compositors: F. Young & A.H. Gibbs. Pressman: A. Curran. The edition is limited to 300 copies."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 90
BEIN Iq B318 933H: No. 271 of an ed. of 300 copies [signed] H.E. Bates. Author's inscribed copy to Earl Ellsworth Fisk [dated] 1950.
BAC: British Art Center is no. 248 of 300. Bound in green quarter morocco with orange and green decorated cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Bates, H. E. (Herbert Ernest), 1905-1974 -- Autograph.Bates, H. E. (Herbert Ernest), 1905-1974 -- Presentation inscription to E.E. Fisk.Fisk, Earl E. -- Presentation inscription from H.E. Bates.Short stories, English.
- Wood engravings -- 1933.
- The house with the apricot
- The man from Jamaica
- The pink cart.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.